I was in the vineyard, Sweet Baby G was in the garden. Dinner time rolled around and we wanted something simple.
SORTA PASTA CARBONARA
- Half a package buccatini pasta
- Two eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parm cheese*
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese*
- Bacon or prosciutto or whatever
- Gobs of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
Boil some salted water and drop the pasta in. Pull it out 1 min before the package says it will be done.
In the meantime, sautè the cured meat in a bit of olive oil, adding the white wine as the meat crisps.
Beat the eggs, pepper and two cheeses together.
When the pasta is done, drain it and add the eggs, cheese and pepper… constantly stirring for a full minute.
Add the meat and stir a bit more.
Serve in bowls and eat immediately.
* Or whatever cheeses you have. You may need to add salt if your cheeses don’t do that for you.